Monday, May 28, 2018

May Progress

I got today off work for some holiday and finally got to work on my game!

I finished up the forearms and hands and then made outfits. Making outfits is as simple as updating some image files for the texturing. It only takes a minute, but it took me years to get to this point. Oh lordy, texturing was tricky to learn.

Then I worked on pulling the garment choices out of code and into an xml file that much of the game data will be stored in.

I worked on death and added an upper body motion. I just have my person drop to his knee and that's it. I wanted to follow it up with him sliding to the ground before fading out, but I don't have that kind of rotation built into the hips object and I'm not about to redo that. When I make a human4, I'll be using a much better skinning technique and this won't be an issue.

Then came making a head object. Thankfully there was a lot of reusable stuff that I was able to work with that made it pretty straight forward. I was on a roll at this point. I then made adjustable hair color.


























2 comments: